What is sports therapy, rehabilitation and sports physiotherapy?
Sports therapists and rehabilitators are trained solely in Sports and Exercise Medicine, with an emphasis on the design and implementation of exercise and rehabilitation programmes in both health and disease. Sports therapists and rehabilitators are not traditional Physiotherapists, but will apply “physiotherapy” skills because physiotherapy is defined as “the treatment of disease, injury or deformity by physical methods including massage, heat treatment, electricity and exercise, rather than drugs or surgery”
Sports therapy and rehabilitation is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
It utilises the principles of exercise and therapeutic science and research that incorporates physiological and pathological processes to prepare the client for training, competition and where applicable, work through treatment and rehabilitation strategies.
Book Sports Therapists – Contact Porthcawl Injury Clinic
We are based in Porthcawl. For more information and booking, please call us today to book a sports therapy appointment with our sports therapists on 07709108358.
We treat a range of injuries including:
- Back pain – lower back pain, sciatica, disc problems and more
- Pains and sprains in ankles, knees, shoulder groin, hip etc
- Post-operative rehabilitation – (spinal, shoulder and knee surgery, joint replacements)
- Total knee replacement rehabilitation
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Cruciate ligament rehabilitation
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Injuries with an uncertain diagnosis
- Post spinal surgery
- Post trauma, including fractures
- Chronic pain
- Repetitive strain injuries